Thursday 9 July 2009

Sci-fi Titles Made In After Effects

This was my first attempt at creating sophisticated titles using Adobe After Effects. I'm
extremely happy with the outcome due to the fact my titles feel like titles you would
see in a classic Science Fiction Film. It took some time to get use to using the tools
and interface in After Effects however after a while I found there where similar tools
across all of the Adobe programs so using the software became much easier.

From this exercise I have learnt how to manipulate text as well as understanding that
the first titles an audience sees must be reflective of the genre and feel of the piece.
In addition to this I learnt how to use a combination of compositions in After effects
to create an overall piece. The larger text in the background was created in a different
composition to the typed out text.

Overall I feel my skills in using After Effects have significantly improved since AS level.
I plan to use my skills learnt in this exercise to create professional looking titles that
fit with the genre of my short film.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds