Wednesday 17 March 2010

Film Poster Ideas

This was my first idea for my film poster. I decided to

subvert the main convention of short film posters by not
including a visual of the main character. I feel the use of
the image of the eggs and bacon helps to emphasis the
art house nature of my short film. In addition the use of
dark colours and spot lighting juxtaposes the happy nature
associated with having a cooked breakfast. This adds further
emphasis to the unusual nature of the text. This also
influenced my choice in font as I didn't want to conform to
the usual font choices.







































For my second idea i decided to stick to the conventional
features displayed within short film posters. This included
a close up of the main character making eye contact with
the audience. This design is very effective at engaging the
audience and catching their view. In addition the facial
expression of the character is quite unsettling and helps
show the nature of the film and its genre.





0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds