Sunday 13 September 2009

Evaluation Of Research

I believe the research process has had a significant positive effect on my planning ,as my secondary research has given me a good understanding of the codes and conventions of a short film. By looking at existing media products, I now have a solid understanding of the narrative structure of short films. This research has influenced me to base my product on Barthes engima code such that narrative isn't created in a linear form however through a "series of mysteries" in which to be solved by the audience. On the other hand my primary research had little effect and influence on my planning. I belive that I should have approached my target audience more frequently to find out first hand what they expect to see in a short film of a genre I chose. This would have been benefical in ensuring that my product appeals to my audience and to see if it supports my secondary research.


Subsequently I have decided to incorporate an aspect of real life and drama into my piece. As a result this reduced the choices available to from my Inital ideas. I believe this had an effetive impact on my genre choice to which will appeal to my target audience and significantly improve my overall product. As a result my research, shot choices, editing style and mise-en-scene will be considered greatly when it comes to creating my animatic and rough cut.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds