Sunday 24 January 2010

Rough cut - First Three Minutes


I feel the editing of the shots inside the lift went well. The scene works well with

the rest of the footage and the narrative flows well. In addition I feel I have
created the representations of adults and youths. The adult character, James is
shown to be well dressed and looks down on the youth behavior and habits.
This representation is common to the social stereotype of the middle class.
Juxtaposing this are the two youths. One is dressed smart and the other more
casual. However through my editing technique and sound I show them to have
little respect for the people around them. This again is a similar representation of
a social view on societies youth. These representations tie in well with my narrative
as it emphasises how James gets overly agitated and aggressive towards them.

The only reshoot necessary is the initial shot of James entering the building. It
is obvious that it is dark outside and thus subtracts from the continuity.













0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds