Sunday 24 January 2010

Shooting - 16th December

Today I re-shot the tilt shot from scene 1. This went really well however there where some difficulties. Firstly the lighting and colour balance of the new shot was different from the first shot. As much as I adjusted the exposure, white balance and contrast the shots looked different. As a result the footage looks odd (in terms of colour) when edited next to the first footage. However I don't feel this will affect my work too much as the narrative and feel of the piece isn't too greatly affected. To improve from this mistake I will take greater care when on shoots to take not of the time (as it effects lighting conditions) as well as the aperture and capture speed used on the previous shoot.


When I edited the tilt shot I decided to use a slow motion effect on the footage. This editing technique juxtaposes the previous jump cut editing in the opening of the text. I believe this combination works effectively as it emphasis the unusual nature of the film. Also the slow motion effect builds suspense in the revealing of the identity of the protagonist.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds