Tuesday 10 November 2009

Evaluation Of Planning

My research influenced my planning in terms of genre choice and narrative structure however specific shot choices, editing pace and style are a reflection of my personal opinion and creativity. My storyboard was very effective at allowing me to picture specific shots and understand the flow of narrative. Due to the fact I spent a long time and a large amount of effort on my storyboard it made the process of creating an animatic much easier. My animatic allowed me to experiment with editing pace and style, shorting and lengthening clips to fit to the pace of the music and carry the narrative. However creating my animatic was a largely time consuming process and a as a result my final animatic was only 3 minutes in length. This is due to time restrictions and over predicting shot lengths in my storyboard. On the other hand the process has improved my understanding of editing and shot length.

Due to the fact my animatic is only 3 minutes in length it means I will need to film more shots on location however won't have the chance to storyboard them and see if or how they fit together. As a result these choices will need to be made in the post production stage.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds